in Austin, TX
What is sober living?
Sober living is an environment of like-minded people living together with a common goal: to remain sober. Sober living homes vary in services offered, cost and much more. It is important to take the time and find the right home for you.
How To Choose A Sober Living In Austin For You
There are many sober living houses all across the country. Each with varying services from the basic to high levels of amenities. It is really important that you look at the things you want out of your living environment and find a place that is right for you.
Ask questions when researching sober livings based on your needs, such as:
- Is this house abstinence-based or does it support medication-assisted treatment?
- Is this house based around the 12 steps or other forms of recovery?
- Is there clinical support included?
- What is the average age living at the house?
- Are there any additional amenities that make this sober living special?
Questions like these and more can help you determine if this is somewhere you would want to live for sober living. Remember, this is usually a long-term commitment, so it is important that you find the right sober living for you.
What Does Alpha 180 Offer in Sober Living?
To live in sober living at Alpha 180, you need to enroll in the transitional living program. It will include a wide variety of support for you while you are learning to live a life in recovery. These supports include:
- Single occupant rooms available
- Weekly activities and trips with the community
- Enrollment in Alpha IOP from day one of your stay
- Enrollment in our Life Skills Development Program so you can have help from case managers and education specialists to achieve your goals
- One on one counseling all the way through your stay
- Nightly dinner as a community 5 nights per week
- Weekly allowance to help learn money management and responsibilities
- Access to the Alpha 180 Sober Clubhouse
- Lifetime alumni support
The Benefits of Sober Living in Austin, TX
Austin, Texas is one of the most sought-after places to live in the United States. With access to 8 colleges and universities, as well as many employers seeking candidates daily, there are always opportunities to pursue in order to achieve your goals and create a life worth living.
The recovery community in Austin will not disappoint. You will be surrounded by 12-step meetings happening every day, all day throughout the city. The community is warm and welcoming, which is why many decide to stay after their stay in treatment.